25.6.07

An Altered Urban Aran from Paton's 'Street Smart'

I adored the sweater Jared (b r o o k l y n t w e e d) created using Paton's 'Street Smart' Urban Aran pattern. He modified it to create a very functional cardigan, see here. I used the same pattern and made similar modifications to produce this:



I began knitting the sweater in December ('06) and completed it about a month ago. I used Elann's Peruvian Highland Chunky yarn in Red Maple. Of course being June, I haven't had the opportunity to wear it extensively. I am definitely looking forward to the fall.


2 comments:

Paula460 said...

beautiful! you did a great job on it!
I can wear it for you 'cause in Chile the winter is really hard this year ;)

Amanda said...

Thanks for the compliment! I hope the weather down there isn't too bad.