15.6.07

First post...

I've been wanting to create a blog for quite some time now. I creepily stalk other blogger sites (look to the right) and covet their art and creations. My new camera came in the mail yesterday, so there are no more excuses to procrastinate.





An introduction: My name is Amanda and I am a recent college graduate currently in the process of applying to medical school. I am beginning my interim year of volunteering this August and studying for the MCAT in the meantime. More or less importantly, I love to make things -- anything. Most of my projects featured on this site will include knitting, crochet, drawing, sewing/quilting, gardening and photography.



First up...some drawings (given to my sister as gifts). I loved to draw when I was a kid, but haven't done much since. I recently started drawing a bit, mostly floral arrangements. I don't have the courage to attempt figures. Maybe someday.

I also recently finished making a chair slipcover. It's for my mom's old blue chair which will be in my new apartment. Take a look:

Before (blue) After (off-white)





More to come soon...

No comments: