7.8.07

Crocheted Rag Rug Part I

Vintage Chica implanted the idea of rugs in my head a few days back. This blog shows a wonderful tutorial on how to crochet rugs out of old fabric scraps. I've been using old sheets (washed) from the thrift store. You can't tell in the picture, but the rug measures approximately 4'6'' in length. I plan to continue crocheting in the round until it is about 3-4' in width. My hands and arms have gotten a workout from this one...I have to put the scissors and hook down frequently to prevent cramping up. I should be on an Aleve commercial. I think it will be worth it though.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think these rugs if done in one or two strands would make a fantastic necklace.

Lovely work!

Anonymous said...

That's a lovely idea...I'll have to try that.
-Amanda

Anonymous said...

Wonderful rug! I love the colors. And yes, your hands and arms do get a workout. I can't wait to see it finished!