28.8.07

My Tuesday morning.

I think I need to renew my AMSA membership so I can continue to get New Physician magazine, it's pretty decent. Also, Vogue came in. It's supposedly the "Biggest Issue Ever." We'll see....


I do this thing where I rip out all the advertisements in magazines that don't have articles/magazine material on the opposite side. I usually exclude perfume ads and any that I think are fun or attractive. Below I show a before (w/ads) and after (w/out ads) picture of the magazine. The once phonebook-sized magazine is now hollowed out with loose binding. How much do we pay for advertisements? I'm never going to wear Oscar de la Renta or Gucci anything...that's not me. I still love the magazine though.


BEFORE AFTER

2 comments:

gracehoper said...

I dislike ads but what bugs me even more these days are the subscription cards. I bought Dwell today and there were SEVEN loose subscription cards in addition to the two that were affixed to the magazine.

I like your idea of tearing out ads though. think I'll try it.

Anonymous said...

I found your blog while googling "perfume ads in magazines"! :)

I liked that entry, nice picture also!